Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Why Tink?

Anyone who knows me and my family, knows that we love Disney. Okay, not in the "I decorate my house in all things Disney" way. More in the "where are we going to vacation this year? Can we go thru Florida so we can stop in Disney?" kind of way. But, we did name one of our dogs Disney, isn't she adorable?? :)



Anyway, back to our love of Disney, the parks, not the dog :) We love the theming, we love the rides, it's just a fun experience and everyone in the family has something they adore doing there. We also love, love, love, Disney Cruise Line. Can you tell we love DCL? :) We've been on 4 cruises with DCL and have another one scheduled for next year. It's one of those perfect blends of Disney theme in a completely relaxing atmosphere. Now that my boys are teens, I think they prefer this type of vacation over any other, even Walt Disney World. But, more about our family's travels on another post :) And, no, I don't plan on spewing forth rants about how wonderful a Disney vacation is (although it can be), we've done other vacations and had a wonderful time. This year we're actually road tripping north of the Mason Dixon line, in fact we're going north of the US border even. But, like I said, that's for another post. If I talk about everything now, then I'll run out of things to say, HA!

But, I still haven't answered, why Tink? Well, going along with the Disney theme, years ago I joined a discussion forum that is based on, what else...Disney. I had to come up with a member name and I didn't want to just use my real name, that was too boring. I saw people on this forum with names like "wdwlvr" and "tigger" and "Its A Smallworld." I couldn't have just plain old Lubi as my forum user name. I wanted an amazing name, a fun name, something with a little spunk and a little attitude and who else but Tinkerbell could epitomize a gal with spunk and attitude? So, since Tinkerbell and Tink were already taken, my board name became NC_Tink - guess where I live? :)  I use that name on many different boards now (Disney related and other.) I've even used nctink in the address for this blogging page, easier for me to remember my own URL :) So, I guess not only do I associate with Tinkerbell, I guess it's just become a habit of mine to utilize part of her name. And, because so many decisions in life require a leap of faith, having a little "faith, trust, and pixie dust" is not a bad thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment